DAYTIME YOUTH EDUCATOR & SUPPORT STAFF
Bembé Drum & Dance is seeking an experienced youth educator to oversee and maintain a high level of support to youth grades 4-8 at the Milwaukee Public Schools Student Success Center. As a part of a therapeutic approach to cultural music education, this instructor will collaborate with a certified Music Instructor to provide classroom support during weekly music sessions three days a week. Instructors must have the ability to communicate, inspire, support and encourage students in their personal growth and development.
About the Milwaukee Public Schools Student Success Center:
The youth in this particular program are struggling in a school environment, and are receiving interventions to support their emotional needs at this time. Bembé is one of 5 partners providing social-emotional and therapeutic services. Bembé will provide music services, aiming towards a music-as-therapy approach.
In-person Instruction Schedule:
Mondays, Wednesdays, & Fridays, 9:45am-1:15pm
● Supporting groups of 4-5 students per group in 45-minute increments of listening, playing, and music exploration
Wednesdays, 1:15-2:15pm, weekly program meeting with Student Success Center staff (additional meetings, as needed)
● Educational and/or teaching experiences commensurate with a college degree
● Documented experience teaching children, with at least two professional references
● Extremely reliable, organized, and communicative with team
● Accountable to quality and consistent engagement with vulnerable youth.
● Punctual and prepared for classes.
● Timely and responsive via email
● Aligned with student-centered, restorative practice and positive youth development
TO APPLY, send a professional resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Bembé Drum & Dance
BEMBÉ IS A CULTURAL PERFORMING ARTS PROGRAM IN THE CITY OF MILWAUKEE THAT INSPIRES MUSIC AND PERFORMANCE SKILLS, INTERGENERATIONAL CONNECTION, AND CULTURAL IDENTITY EXPLORATION THROUGH AFRO-LATINO MUSICAL CULTURE.